These Serving Team Descriptions (listed in alphabetical order) will give you a brief overview of the variety of ways you can serve within the body at Faith Church. Review the list for areas that match your spiritual giftedness as well as the time commitment needed. When you complete a First Serve contact form, we will contact you with ways you can explore a ministry.
- Luncheon Attendant - Serve lunches to families following a funeral service at Faith Church. Funerals are very difficult and emotional times for families and friends, yet having caring people reach out and serve them in the love of Jesus truly blesses them and lifts them up.
- Caller - When help is needed to serve lunch for a funeral, place the calls to get luncheon attendants.
On average, there are about 4-6 funerals a year.
Luncheon Attendants serve about 4-5 hours for the luncheon.
The three main conference events where you would have responsibility would be the Momentum Conference (May), the Leadership Summit (August), and the Link Conference (October). All are held at the Dyer Campus location.
Servanteer Coordinator - The primary goal of the Servanteer Coordinator is to provide a flawless experience for guests, our side of the main event space, through the use of servant teams. Recruit, train, encourage, and oversee the guest experience for the event, and work closely with the Producer for the event.
Speaker Liaison - The primary goal of the Speaker Liaison is to ensure that any speaker/performer has an enjoyable experience working with Faith Church and facilitating between the Speaker and Producer during the event. This person will also prepare for Speaker's needs and assist them during the event.
Faith Family Market exists to provide basic necessities to those who are connected to the Faith Church family.
- Greeter - serves from 9:50 am - 12:45 pm on Sundays once every 4-6 wks.
- Stocker - serves from 9-10 am on Mondays once every 5-7 wks. Requires some heavy lifting.
- Shopper - if you love grocery shopping and your budget allows, this position is for you. We send an email listing stores with weekly "deals" so you can donate items to the Market inexpensively. This email will also tell you which items we need replenished.
- Supervisor - serves from 9:40 am - 1 pm on Sundays once every 4 wks. Must previously have been a Greeter.
Faithful Grounds is a place where people come to refresh, relax, or connect with others. Faithful Grounds strives to create and provide a warm environment where people find refreshment and community.
- Making lattes or smoothies
- Running the cash register*
- Attend the Express Coffee serving station(s) on Sunday
Shifts available Tues & Sat evenings and Sunday mornings.
* You must be a regular attender or member for a minimum of 6 months and pass a background check.
The Frontline Team is filled with friendly, energetic people who love to greet those coming to worship! A variety of schedule options are available throughout the month.
- Greeters - greet people outside or inside as they come to worship. Servers arrive 30 min before the service and welcome people as they enter the building.
- Golf Cart Drivers - act as a courtesy to pick up special needs parking attendees to help them get safely to the building.
- Program Passer - hands a program to individuals as they enter to worship.
- Usher - assists
- Welcome Center - we're looking for friendly people that can assist guests by answering questions about the ministry of Faith Church.
KIDS HOPE USA gives church members an opportunity to model the love of Christ by building a relationship with a child and affirming the child while helping him/her increase their reading, writing and possibly math skills. Mentors spend one hour per week with their student during the school year. A prayer partner is identified for each relationship.
- Mentor - one-on-one relationship with a child.
- Prayer Partner - prays for the mentor and child to which they are assigned.
- Activity Helper - help plan and execute the celebration parties twice a year.
Medical Team members are qualified medical personnel (nurse, physician, paramedic, etc) that schedule themselves to be on hand during worship services (while they worship) to serve as a triage person for possible medical needs. Occasionally the team is asked to provide a person to be on duty during a conference or event.
- Mentors - serve as the voice of experience and wisdom as they mentor MOPS moms through the preschool years.
- Nursery - involves caring for children ages 0-36 months during MOPS meetings.
- MOPPETS - is the program for 3-6 yr old children during MOPS meetings.
Prayer Team members...
- Contribute to worship services by praying with the pastor before the service and with those who request prayer following services.
- Regularly receive prayer requests by email that they pray over at their own pace.
- Typically gather together at the Dyer campus for corporate prayer on first and third Wednesdays of the month from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Meet for four training sessions each year, usually at the Dyer campus.
- Periodically asked to participate in various conferences held at the Dyer campus on a voluntary basis.
The Campus Security will help maintain a safe environment by monitoring facilities, providing visibility and a security presence to maintain building security.
Key Roles –
- Monitor facilities (e.g. grounds, building, parking lot) for the purpose of providing visibility and a security presence and maintaining building security.
- Prepare incident reports for the purpose of providing written documentation in the event of an incident.
- Identify, respond to and report campus safety and security hazards.
- React quickly, calmly and professionally in emergency situations as required.
- Cooperates and works well with staff, visitors, and the local community.
- Be able to walk and/or stand for lengthy periods.
- Interact with local law enforcement agencies as required.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Sunday both services 8:45am – 1:15pm
Wednesday 6:30 - 9:30 pm
Occasional team meetings/training
Must be a member of Faith Church for at least 6 months prior to serving on this team.
A serving application/background check/interview must be completed.
We need 25 more adults who love Jesus and who will be irrationally committed to the well-being of our 6th-12th grade students!
Time Commitment options available:
- 1-2 hours a month
- Juice Bar helpers on Sunday or Wednesday nights
- Connections—check-in, follow-up, research, etc.
- Special Events—help staff, plan, implement
- Child care
- Sunday night set-up—chairs in Garage, etc.
- Pancake Breakfast fundraiser in Spring
- 5-10 hours a month
- Coaches—guiding a group of small group leaders in prayer, accountability, and encouragement
- 1-2 hours a week
- Connections—check-in, follow-up, research, etc.
- Program—games and rec on Wednesdays
- Program—skits and crowd-breakers on Wednesdays
- 3-5 hours a week
- High School Sunday evening small group leaders—being responsible for 10+ students
- High School Wednesday evening every other week small group leaders—going deeper
- 6-8th grade Wednesday evening small group leaders—being responsible for 10+ students
The Technical Arts Group (TAG) at Faith Church is a unique group of creative and technically minded individuals who come together as a team to support the mission of Faith Church. There is a variety of time commitments and skill levels available at all campus locations.
- Sound technicians – engineer house sound and recordings
- Video Directors – “calling the shots” in the video control room
- Video Control – responsible for operating switcher and computer graphics
- Lighting Technicians – create and execute stage lighting for all services and special events
- Camera Operators – three cameras switched for IMAG and in-house TV network
- Stage Team – works with on stage talent and sound operators providing stage support and set-up
- Set Design – create and construct theme-based stage elements
- Student Ministries & Treasureland – provides dynamic AV support for these exciting ministries
The Ravines Ministry exists to bring hope, healing, strengthening and renewal to Christian couples and their marriages.
- Host Couples - stay at the Ravines while a client couple is there to provide hospitality and confidentiality.
- Grocery shopping - time commitment is 2 1/2 hours each time to keep supplies on hand.
- Grocery list, supply inventory, overseer - organize shopping list, plan meals, schedule shopping, track inventory
- Office help - general administrative work as needed.
Treasureland - Kids (birth-5th grade) worshipping Jesus at their level for God's glory! The following serving roles are needed at each campus location (listed by time commitment):
Time Commitment: One Service Weekly or Biweekly...
- Nursery Helpers- care for and show God's love to babies, toddlers and 2 year olds.
- Preschool or Elementary Mini-Church Leader- facilitate the prepared, step-by-step lesson (discussion and activities) that directly correlates and assists the kids in applying the Large Group teaching (their worship message) into their lives outside the church walls. A MCL is more about building relationships with the kids than teaching the lessons.
- Special Buddies (All ages)- provide one-on-one guidance and friendship to a special needs child during one of the Treasureland services (commitment is to serve when the child attends Treasureland).
- Greeting/Registration Team- welcome and assist first time families to Treasureland.
Time Commitment: All Services, 1x per Month...
- Preschool or Elementary Large Group Leader- present the teaching/lesson for the weekend in a storytelling format (15-20 min). This is prepared in advance for the LGL.
- Shout Out/ Worship Team- lead kids in worship through song & motions.
- Technical Arts Group (TAG) Team- technical support in The Garage during Treasureland worship services.
Time Commitment: As Needed...
- Prep Team- organize and make activities and prepare supplies ready for the weekend.
- Must attend Faith Church at least 6 months prior to serving in Treasureland.
- Minimum Age requirements: 4th grade to serve in ShoutOut! and 6th grade for all other areas.
- A Treasureland serving application & background check must be completed.
All who desire to serve in the Vine should have a love for the Lord, a love for others, and a love for reading.
- Register Clerk - greet customers, operate the register, assist customers with products & questions as needed.
- Register Assistant - greet customers, assist the clerk, help answer questions as needed.
Possible hours of service:
Sun 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Tue 9 am - 3 pm, 6 pm - 8:30 pm
Wed, Thu - 9 am - 3 pm
Sat - 5:30-8 pm.
The purpose of a Wedding Coordinator that is responsible for a wedding held at Faith Church and/or with a Faith Church Pastor is to...
- Coordinate all participants of a wedding including bride and groom, pastor, sound technicians, custodian and assistant.
- Communicate necessary details such as dates, times, special requests and financial information to appropriate Faith Church Staff.
- Plan and execute a wedding rehearsal and ceremony to ensure a flawless and stress-free day for the bride and groom.
- Assist in finalizing the ceremony including communicating with Staff Marriage Ministry Director.
Wedding Coordinator Assistant
The primary responsibility of the Wedding Coordinator Assistant is to be at the rehearsal and wedding to aid the Coordinator in presenting a stress-free day for the bride and groom and to make sure that the Wedding Coordinator follows her check list.
Kitchen Team prepares a meal at the Dyer Campus on Wednesday's preceding worship.
- Prepare - helps prepare the meal at church throughout the afternoon for the 5:30 meal.
- Serve - from 5:30 on to keep the serving lines filled with food.
- Clean-up - at 6:30 to clear off the serving lines and help clear the kitchen before the 7pm worship service.
The Dishwashing Team helps clean up following a meal served prior to a Wednesday night worship service. Servers are at the Dyer Campus Wednesdays from 5:30 - 7 pm and are finished in time for worship.
- Kitchen - stacking trays & putting away all clean items coming out of the dishwasher as well as washing, drying & putting away the items that can't go into the big dishwasher.
- Scrapers - scrape trays and take them back to the dishwasher.
- Helper - fills in wherever needed, occasionally picking up trays from the tables & taking them to the scrapers.
The Well Greeters serve people that choose to worship in the venue called the Well (located in the Atrium at Dyer).
- Greet people & make them feel welcome
- Hand out programs
- Take Collection
- Assist anyone in need of help
1 Sunday or Saturday night per month