What a joy to not only conclude our wonderful The Hole in Our Gospel series but to also have a congregational meeting at Faith-Valpo. We reviewed the 2020 doors Pastor Bob shared during Vision Weekend a month ago: 20 campuses/venues by 2020, the Training Door and the Spiritual Maturity/Discipleship Door. We then also looked at our campus specific goals for 2012. In case you missed them, here they are:
Goals for Faith-Valpo, trusting and serving God to accomplish
by October 31, 2012
Current October, 2011 attendance has an average just under 140 we would like to see that number reach 225. This will be a 60% increase.
We currently have 3 Mini-Churches for those over 30 at Faith-Valpo. Our goal is 6 by next October.
Catalyst currently has 2 Mini-Churches and they would like to double that number to 4 in the next year.
Ministries with a more internal focus:
Goals to be achieved by October, 2012 in this area:
1. Begin ministering to the young moms God is bringing to Faith-Valpo.
2. Wrestle with our apparent calling to minister to those with special needs.
3. We are still a relatively small congregation, how can we have fun together? Hosting at least 2, church-wide events to build relationships and have fun. (Ideas include a church picnic and Road Rally.)
4. Offer Financial Peace University at Faith-Valpo.
5. Begin to host The Faith Family Market out of our facility.
6. Begin to host a ministry for the Senior Saints of Faith-Valpo.
Missions with a more external focus:
We adopted 1 home for Rebuilding Together in 2011. Goal to adopt 1 home in 2012.
Goal to have 1 Mini-Church trained and functioning as a distributor for Children’s Hunger Fund.
We participated in the Open Arms homeless shelter for women in 2011. We will continue that partnership in 2012.
We will begin a partnership with Hilltop House a ministry in Valpo with multiple facets of serving to those in need.
We will host a Summer Music Camp for kids in 2012.
We will again gauge interest in using some of our vacant land for a community garden.
So excited for what God has done, is doing, and will do in and through us!