Last week Laurie and I spent a week in Minnesota visiting our daughter and son-in-law, Caitlin and Ross, and our new grandbaby, Summit. What a blessing it was to be able to spend time with this little bundle of joy!
It’s hard to deny what a beautiful state Minnesota is: the lakes, forests, parks, etc. But while there, I made some other observations. See if you agree.
- They really enjoy summer! All 20 days of it.
- They have a lot of bikes.
- They have a lot of bike trails.
- They are sort of “Southern Canadian.” (Eh Der!)
- Hockey is on the front page of the newspaper’s sports section in June.
- It’s normal to have a hockey rink in your backyard.
- The Land of 10,000 Lakes is filled with nature lovers. Think Subaru meets hippie meets tree hugger.
- The whole state feels like a great big IKEA store.
- There’s lots of dogs, squirrels, geese and….poop.
- It is a gorgeous state minus the Chicago-style traffic.
Did I miss anything?